Hermana Millington - Notes from New Jersy

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Busiest week EVER - May 29, 2017




Zone trip to the NYC temple
5/2017
This week was seriously awesome. I think I had the most lessons I've
ever had. On Tuesday we literally taught all day. There was one hour we
did service and taught math and English and then an hour of
correlation, but from 11-9 we were working hard and teaching all over
the place! It was awesome. We came home super super tired every night
this week.

My cute comp and I going through the
  Lincoln Tunnel on our way to the Temple
Some of my most favorite sisters
in the world at the NYC temple


We also went to the temple as a zone this week! It was really
beautiful. Every time I go I learn more and I love it more. When I was
sitting in the Celestial room I was pondering and praying a lot. I
asked Heavenly Father what He wanted me to know. I opened the
scriptures to Isaiah 63:16 which says "16 Doubtless thou art our
father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us
not: thou, O Lord, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from
everlasting." From that I learned that sometimes I just need to
remember he's our Father :) He loves us, no matter who we are or what
we do. Our worth is infinite in His eyes. But that also means that
those around us are His sons and daughters too, with an incredible
eternal potential. So we ought to treat them that way! There's so much
darkness and dumbness in the world (I was exposed to some of today's
pop music at a Dominican barbecue yesterday-- wow. So dumb.), but we
don't have to live like that forever! In Alma it talks about how the
way to find hope Christ offers us is through repentance.

Anyway, Lina and Indira are doing super well! They came to church on
Sunday and both loved it! Except Lina thinks our songs are too slow
and boring.. haha! She said she was falling asleep in the first hour!
But she got into it in relief society and it was good. The sisters
were good to her and Indira. Indira even shared her story with the
sisters-- why she went inactive 30 years ago but how because Sister
McCoy and Millington are visiting her she's finally coming back. Wow.
It's amazing the love I have for them and the love they have for us.
When we teach them the spirit is so powerful. I know they were people
I was sent here to find because I need them. I seriously adore them as
my sisters. I didn't understand before my mission how big love can be.
I can't believe there's still room in me to love these cute Hispanic
people I hardly know, but it LOVE them! It's going to feel weird to be
in a white people ward. Way too white and organized and quiet. Hahaha!
Oh man.

We had a cool experience last night. The Cutlers are awesome. They're
the senior couple for our zone and they work in the ward here. Sister
Cutler is the primary chorister and the pianist and pretty much
oversees everything. Haha and Elder Cutler is the second counselor in
the bishopric. This is their 2nd mission together (the first was in
Nauvoo!) And they've got their act together. They're so awesome. They
actually took us to Walmart, lunch, and froyo just now. Wow. I love
them so much, they're so loving and giving. But Sister Cutler doesn't
take any crap. Haha she's so awesome. Anyway! She decided the YW need
help, because we have about 15 but only like 2 are active. So we
planned a cupcake wars activity with the YM and then last night Sister
Gaytan and Virgin (our STLs there in englehood) came down and we all
split up and visited all the YW and brought them invitations and
cupcakes :) it was cute! But we went and met his cute girl, Marilyn,
who asked us if her mom had sent us. I laughed and said I was new and
didn't really know anyone, I didn't know who her mom was.. she said
her mom is active, but her dad isn't a member. She said she'd been
thinking a lot lately and had felt like she'd been getting hints that
she needed to come back to church. She was really surprised that we
were there! It was just hard because her dad doesn't agree. But she
was super sweet and thankful we thought of her. It was really cool to
see that the Lords timing is perfect and He remembers us all
individually. And he'll inspire and send people to help us when we
need it :)

This gospel is the best, you guys. I love it more and more all the
time. I'm so blessed to be a missionary and to meet and love and serve
these people here.
"Alma 26:37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every
people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people,
and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy,
and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God
forever. Amen."

I love you and miss you all! :) have a great week and keep plowing
through the Book of Mormon! I don't know if I'm going to make it with
all y'all there next week.. im in Alma 26.. ouch. Haha! But I'll try!!

Love of the loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik