Hermana Millington - Notes from New Jersy

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Transfers - September 5, 2016

August 22, 2016
Zone Fun
Hey family! Holy cow, I can't believe this transfer is already over!!
So here's the news: Sister Troconis is being transferred to Morristown
English, and she's being doubled-in! This is the THIRD time she's
being doubled-in to an area! Crazy. And I'll be getting a new
companion, Sister Gibson! It'll be really fun to get to know her and introduce her to the
area and everything :) yay! But that means today is pretty crazy for
sister Troconis, trying to get everything done and packed and go see
some people.

So this week! It was a pretty good one :) on Tuesday I ate Doritos and
Nutella, which was kind of weird, but not too bad.. Haha that was
exciting. I also went to Walmart and got my eyes checked! Woo! So now
I have my glasses and I can see when I'm driving :) it's a whole new
world out here! And the leaves on the trees! So pretty(: haha we did a
little contacting and met some people, but nothing too exciting there.
We had a couple Facebook lessons that were pretty funny too,
technology is the bomb!

On Wednesday we went to serve at Bristol Glen again, and we did
trivia this time. The other missionaries made me read the questions
because my English is the clearest, but this one old guy Roy, who
asked us where we were from about 6 times, couldn't hear very well. He
kept saying "if I could just hear the question, I would know it. It's
not that I don't know the answer, I just can't understand what you're
saying." But he was SO GRUMPY. Anyway, I was literally yelling every
word, I probably woke up all of Bristol Glen from their afternoon
naps. Hahaha and all the other missionaries were like "yeah, Sister
Millington! Speak up! We can't understand you!" Oh man. So rough. We
had some good lessons though, and we ran into some members too! Good
stuff all around.

Thursday we did a ton of weekly planning, plus a spontaneous lesson
with Juan Manuel. He's so awesome. But if he doesn't find a job soon,
he has to go back to Colombia:( aah! But then we did TAC (transfer
something cleaning..?), and cleaned our whole house! We spoke Spanish
the whole time and ordered pizza and that was pretty good (: but it
took up our whole day! Ugh! Good thing we only do it once a transfer!

Friday was a pretty crazy day, but it was so awesome. We went out to
Ellis Island in the morning, and it was great! I met this lady, Helga,
who found the ship she came over on when she was 1 year old. So cool,
right? And the ship manifest with her name and everything! I also
helped this cute couple from Ireland find some of their family. I sat
with them for the whole half hour session and they just talked and
talked about all their relatives in New York. When they left, they
tried to tip me! Haha it was so cute. But of course, I said I couldn't
accept anything (: so darling though! After Ellis, we went to an
appointment with the Hernandez family. It was good, but they just
REALLY love to talk. Haha! And on our way to the chapel after that, we
saw a BEAR!! It was SO CUTE. I just wanted to jump out of he car and
cuddle with him. So cute. But I don't think that would have been a
good idea.. Hehe.

Saturday was good as well, we did some service in the morning and some
contacting that afternoon! We had a couple good lessons and ran into a
member family accidentally that we've been trying to see for like five
weeks! But they have an uncle that just moved in that's not a member,
and they put themselves on our meal calendar a TON for this month!
Woo! The members are way too good to us, our calendar is so full!

On Sunday we had a ton of people at church! A whole less-active family
came, and that was sweet. We also had five people who weren't members
(including some of our investigators and some brand new people that
came with friends), so that was crazy. But we left early and went to
Elizabeth--one of Sister Troconis old investigators got baptized! Woo!
And guess what I did? I sat at the piano. Boom. Slayin. But it was a
lovely little service and he people were all way nice :) then we went
to Bishop Haro's house for lunch, and that was great as always! We got
on their Facebooks with them and they all found friends to share the
gospel with in little ways--articles, scriptures, videos, etc..
President Taggart is really pushing us to use technology with the
members! And they got so excited about it, it was sweet! We then went
to the Sanchez home and had an FHE with the Hernandez family, and that
was cool. It was really awesome to watch them connect and see their
kids playing together and everything. The Sanchez family is killer.

But anywayzzzz, life is good out here! I got a little bummed out when
we were talking a lot about going to the baptism on Saturday because I
still have yet to get anyone in the water. But cool news: this guy
Sister Smith and I found back in Lakewood (Gabriel) got baptized
yesterday! Isn't that so awesome? I'm so happy for my little Smithy.
And we knocked on his door, so it counts as like half a baptism for
me, right..? Haha jk :) but yeah, I was just getting a little down
about that. But I know that whatever happens is what needs to happen
here for me. I might not be baptizing like crazy, but I'm growing and
changing in a lot of ways. I'm coming closer to my Savior every day,
and I'm learning more how to rely on Him and His grace.

I love you chickens!
Hermana Millington

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik