Hermana Millington - Notes from New Jersy

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Bed Bugs..??!! - June 12, 2017


Cool blue wall :)
6-11-17
This week was super good :) nice and busy!! One thing
cramped our style-- we may or may not have some kind of bug eating us.
This week I got a total of about 22 bites, mostly on the back of my
calves. So weird! But we checked the mattresses and washed the sheets
and everything and haven't really found anything.. but we got some
strong bug spray stuff and are in the process of spraying down the
whole apartment, so that'll be good. But all good in the hood anyway :)
 

 

Last Monday we had our all-mission conference, that's why I didn't
really write anyone. It was so fun!! So fun to see all my friends :)
all the zones were assigned different parts of the Book of Mormon and
we did funny skits of the whole book. It was awesome fun! Then
President and sister Taggart gave some little trainings. This is their
last month on the mission, so they talked about what they've learned
and gave us some last advice. We all sang "God Be With You Till We
Meet Again" at the end and everyone was crying. Really tender. I love
the Taggarts so much. It'll be a weird month & 1/2 without them!
That night we saw Lina, she's doing okay. She was actually kind of
sick so she wasn't feeling too hot. But she's awesome, she'll be okay
:)
The Taggarts
6-5-17

Tuesday I gave a little training in district Meeting, that was fun.
Our role plays went really well, I actually enjoyed them. It's funny-
a year ago I HATED role plays. I hated them more than anything ever.
But now I understand how awesome they are and I feel like I can
actually teach a little bit so it's not as uncomfortable. Haha
missions change you.     Oh! And before district meeting we had interviews
with President and Sister Taggart. It was so awesome. Wow. When I met
with sister Taggart first we talked a lot about how I've changed on my
mission. And it didn't really click until I was talking with both of
them, but I've really learned on my mission to take a chill pill, love
myself, and trust the Lord. I knowit'll be different when I come home and it'll still be a challenge to
feel like I'm doing enough, but I've built a foundation of
self-acceptance and trust in the grace of the Savior that'll carry me
a long way. When I asked President for his final advice for me, he
said "keep your celestial shades on. Keep the big perspective.
Remember who you are and what you're really doing here, and don't let
little things bring you down. Trust in the Lord, really trust him.
When you get all stressed and tense like you do, walk outside, look at
the clouds, take a deep breath and say 'I know it'll be okay. You've
got my back.' Because He does and He always will."
Anywaysss it was an awesome interview. I really love President Taggart.

Sis. Gaytan
6-7-17
Wednesday was awesome!! Sister Gaytan came to union City with me on
exchange! Man, it was so fun to be with her again! I love her so much
:) we had appointments all night, we stayed nice and busy! We had an
awesome lesson with s new investigator and her husband. They'd been
visited by the missionaries like three years ago, but the husband was
telling us that he'd had a lot of questions but the poor elders didn't
understand a lot of Spanish so they couldn't really help him. But he
loved that we could communicate with him and he really began to trust
us! It was cool. We have another appointment with them tomorrow. I'm
excited :) plus they have two kids! Woo! Families!
We also saw Lina and a couple brothers from the ward came and gave her
a priesthood blessing. She's felt a ton better since! It was cool,
they really connected to Indira, actually. It was really good for both
of them. And we read 2 Nephi 31 together and they really liked it.

Thursday morning a Venezuelan member made us arepas for breakfast-
they were SO GOOD! It made me miss Sister Troconis :) she's married
now! Crazy, right?? To an elder from here! Haha so funny. We also did
service at Salvation Army, planned, and had dinner with a sweet
member. English Class was fun that night, we had a few new people! I
love teaching English :)

Friday we finished planning, saw a few people, including Lina! Oh and
when we were walking around on the street we had a weird experience
with this guy that jumped in the middle of the sidewalk and said
they're looking for people who like Joseph smith.. then he asked us if
we had to be virgins to serve missions. It was very bizarre. There
were some other creepy guys on Bergenline later, but we had a brother
from the ward walking with us, so all was well :) thank heavens for
the angels we have around us. We had a good lesson that night with
Lina and our member, Libardo. He was baptized about three months ago
and is just amazing. We talked about the word of wisdom and Lina had
some doubts about coffee.. pray for her. She'll make it, we have
faith. It just takes work, ya know?

Saturday we got in trouble for chalking on the sidewalk.. haha this
man was so angry at us. It was pretty funny, actually. Hahaha but it's
okay, we talked to a lot of people while it was there and I think
that's a success! The cutlers bought us burritos for dinner and we
found some sweet new people while talking to everyone. Union City is
the bomb.

Yesterday was a good day! Unfortunately none of our investigators
could come to church, but we had some good meetings anyway. After some
studies at home, we went out and found some more new investigators!
Woo! And we just happened to run into Amber and her mom, some
investigators we've been working with. We walked to the laundromat
with them and then had a little lesson there. Amber said she's been
reading and praying! Woo! She's fourteen, but she has a mature soul.
She's a really sweet girl.

A way rad sunset. The city can be beautiful too,
 just in its own way.   6-8-17
Anyways this week was great! I wasn't sick anymore, but do have some
gnarly bites on my legs. But I'm happy and healthy and life is good :)
sister McCoy is the bomb and we're hopeful they leave us another
transfer together here in union! We'll find out next week...
I love you guys! Can't wait to see you all again :) I'm praying for
you! Keep up the good work, keep pounding though the Book of Mormon!
That book is  true. I love that book. It's probably my
favorite.

Have a great week, sillies !

Hermana Millington
New Jersey Morristown Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik